Carlos Nakai Trio performs in Yekaterinburg
Nakai performed traditional Native American music for the Urals audience, Yekaterinburg.USConsulate.gov reports.
Nakai delighted audiences with his nature-like flute sound and enigmatic vocals, with Will Clipman and William Eaton backing him up on drums and guitars.
Following the performance, the trio received a lasting applause from the audience.
Nakai, who is of Navajo-Ute heritage, is considered the world's premier performer of the Native American flute. Since 1983, he has released more than 35 albums, been nominated for four Grammy Awards and performed throughout the United States, Europe and Japan. He has two records, "Canyon Trilogy" and "Earth Spirit," that are certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America.
American Seasons is designed to bring a wide spectrum of cultural offerings to the Russian public in order to introduce them to contemporary artists from the United States.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants