Candace Parker stays with UMMC Yekaterinburg
"Yes, I'm staying here," Parker said, according to LoveWomensBasketball.com. "I just signed a contract for one more season."
The signing of Parker calls into question widespread rumors that Yekaterinburg is planning on signing both Diana Taurasi and Penny Taylor. Due to league rules, only two of the three players would be allowed to play in the Women's EuroLeague. UMMC treats the EuroLeague as its primary competition, unlike the two Turkish teams for which Taurasi and Taylor play, which regard the domestic league as their primary competition.
In the EuroLeague, Parker averaged 13.8 points and 6.8 rebounds per game, while her Russian league stats average out to 14.4 points and 7.5 rebounds per game, according to LoveWomensBasketball.com.
Parker is known as the first woman to dunk in the women's NCAA tournament, where she played for the University of Tennessee. After graduation, she played with the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks before signing with UMMC Yekaterinburg.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants