Alcohol sales to be restricted during Great Patriotic War celebration
Throughout the course of the event, there will be no sale of alcoholic beverages, including at Central Stadium, where the finals of the Russian Football Cup will be held on May 9, MIR96.ru reports.
The festivities will feature the traditional passage of veterans through the columns of the Square of 1905, a planned congratulatory address from Sverdlovsk Region Governor Alexander Misharin, which will be broadcast on screens throughout the city, and a fireworks display.
The Victory Day holiday town will be decorated with posters and streamers, with decorating set to begin on April 28, and the center of the city will be fully decorated by May 1. Additionally, for the first time, buildings will be decorated with photographs from the Great Patriotic War, according to MIR96.ru.
On May 9, World War II veterans and the disabled will be able to use public and commercial transportation for free, and the tram, metro, buses and trolley buses will run until 1:00 a.m.
Approximately 160 volunteers will take part in a citywide effort to clean the city streets for the festivities, and the city's monuments will be washed from May 3 through May 5, according to MIR96.ru.
During the night on May 9 and into May 10, Yekaterinburg will be lit up all night, and ambulances and the police will be on duty in all locations holding festivities.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants