Former police officer awarded $17,000
The plaintiff, a police officer at the time, was detained in March 2007 on suspicion of multiple crimes, and was held over the course of the investigation in sub-par conditions at a pre-trial detention center. Due to an expiry of the statute of limitations, the police closed the case after failing to compile enough evidence of criminal activity, RaspiNews.com reports.
Upon his release, the former officer filed a lawsuit with a city court, claiming compensation for psychological damage that occurred to him while kept in unsatisfactory conditions. According to the plaintiff, the ward he was kept in was overcrowded and unsanitary. Furthermore, the officer asserted that the detention center broke regulations in forcing him to share quarters with serious offenders.
The court ruling came into force on Tuesday.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants