Russian Cup championship set for Yekaterinburg
Both teams will compete for the cup on May 8, RT.com reports.
Rubin was able to advance to the finals after a 2-0 victory over Rostov. The team took an early lead in the match with a goal by Salvatore Bocchetti in the 82nd minute. Rostov defender Igor Smolnikov followed with a goal three minutes later.
Rubin advanced to the finals of the Russian Cup in 2009, but the team has yet to win the cup, according to RT.com.
In the match between Dynamo and the visiting Volga Nizhny Novgorod, Volga took a 1-0 lead in the 19th minute with a goal by Andrey Karyaka. In the 73rd minute, Dynamo started its comeback with a goal by Zvjezdan Misimovic.
Dynamo controlled the rest of the match and the winning goal came from Andrey Voronin with five minutes left, according to RT.com.
Dynamo, which last won the Russian Cup in 1995, has won both the Soviet and Russian Cup seven times.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants