Yekaterinburg city Duma votes to extend terms of office
One of the major changes to the charter is to extend the current term limits of city council members. Previously, city council council members were limited to serving for four years, however, under the new rules, council members can now serve five. In addition, the Duma deputies also granted the city election commission the right of legislative initiative, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
Also on Tuesday, a new budget allocation of $862,000 dollars was made to supply funding for a January decision to introduce class ranks for municipal employees. The apportionment was made to increase official salaries of municipal employees who were recently promoted to the rank of class III.
The municipal Duma of Yekaterinburg is an elected legislative assembly that operates under the constitution of the russian federation and the laws of Sverdlovsk Oblast.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants