Water shortages in Yekaterinburg to be resolved
The problem lies with the current Upper and Makarov Volchihinskogo reservoirs located on the river Chusovaya, which have not been able to be completely filled for the past four years. Other water sources, including the Nyazepetrovsk cascade in the Chelyabinsk region and the Revdinskiy reservoir have been insufficient in remedying the shortage, according to Mir66.
The solution involves investing more than $300 million into the construction of new reservoirs, the design of which should take approximately three years.
"Designing, unfortunately, takes quite a long period of time. This is due not so much with the design of the reservoir as a tract of submission - it is quite long and will be different for different land owners. Here the land issue still can play a role," Kryuchkov said, according to Mir66.
Construction of the new reservoirs is expected to take four to five years, and funding will be split between the federal government and regional budgets. According to the head of the Sverdlovsk Ministry of Natural Resources, the federal government will cover 70 percent and the regional governments will pay the remaining 30 percent, Mir66 reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants