Yekaterinburg travelers rescued from ice floe
The rescued travelers were airlifted to Salekhard and were not in need of medical attention, ITAR-TASS reports.
The travelers were on skis in the area of the Se-Yaha Village of the Yamal District when an ice floe broke away into the bay. The icebreaker Vaigach combed the area just before the ice floe broke.
Eyewitnesses noticed that the ice floe with the skiers on it suddenly broke away from the shore and quickly alerted rescuers, according to ITAR-TASS.
Rescuers corrected a previous report that there were five people stranded on the ice floe.
Russia's emergency services rescued 675 fishermen on Sunday, April 1, from an ice floe that was drifting out to sea in the far east of the country. Half of the fishermen were picked up by helicopters, the others by boat, and none of the fisherman required medical attention, according to the Washington Post.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants