Yekaterinburg hosts Bishop Alexander of Baku and Azerbaijan
The bishop met with Azerbaijani consul general Sultan Gasimov, visited the Ural State Mining University and the Ural State Geological Museum, and met with the public, News.az reports.
Nikolay Kosarev, the rector of the university, presented the history of the museum, founded in 1937, to the bishop, who also met with the students and teaching staff of the university.
The bishop's visit was broadcast on the T.V. channel of Yekaterinburg, according to News.az.
Founded in 1914, the Ural State Mining University is the oldest establishment of higher education in the Middle Urals. It offers degrees in geology, geophysics, and engineering and management of mining and geological prospecting. The university also offers dozens of graduate and post-graduate programs.
The university is known for its efforts at maintenance of religious traditions in higher education in Russia. Its museum of minerals is considered to be one of the greatest public collections in Europe.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants