UMMC Yekaterinburg tops Wisla-Can Pack at the Final Eight
The team lost its opening game against Ros Casares, and due to the Spanish club securing their second win, UMMC will miss out on the EuroLeague Women Final, FIBAEurope.com reports.
UMMC's Deanna Nolan led the team with 19 points while Candace Parker finished with 12 points, seven rebounds and two blocks.
Wisla-Can Pack had the opportunity with a victory to advance to the finals. Trailing 58-45 with just five minutes left to play in the game, the Polish team managed to go on a 12-0 run and pull within a point, with standout performances by Nicole Powell, who posted a game-high 23 points, and Ana Dabovic, according to FIBAEurope.com.
UMMC managed to hold off Wisla-Can Pack, with the victory sealed by a three pointer from Sue Bird, who played the game wearing a protective mask.
With UMMC's victory, Ros Casares became the first team to make it to the 2012 EuroLeague Women Final, according to FIBAEurope.com.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants