World War II procession rehearsal dates set
Veterans discussed issues related to the parade during a Thursday meeting in Yekaterinburg. The veterans expressed particular dissatisfaction over the fact that the television broadcast of last year's parade did not include participants in the World War II procession, the Euro-Asian News reports.
This year's parade will rectify that issue.
"The march of veterans is about 15 minutes before the main parade, (we are) sorry that last year's television broadcast began after passing the winning column," Leonid Kuprash, the man responsible for training the veterans, said, according to the Euro-Asian News.
Kuprash said that in the beginning of training there will be no uniforms, but by the middle of the final week, all veterans will be in uniform. He said that all of the rehearsals will be held at the Suvorov Military School.
The office of the Sverdlovsk regional public organization of veterans also held a photo session with the 22 World War II veterans who will participate in the ceremony. Portraits of the veterans are expected to be placed on display at stopping points in Yekaterinburg on the evening of May 9.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants