Boy injured by falling soccer goal
The incident happened on Chernyshevsky Street when the boy entered a park to swing on the goal, which was not yet completely constructed, Oblgazeta.ru reports.
According to the contractor organization working at the park, welding on the goal was unable to be finished due to the cold weather settling in over the area.
The boy received injuries to his abdomen and lower back, and the area where the goal was located is currently closed, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
Law enforcement agencies are currently conducting a thorough check of all basketball boards and football goals in the area to determine if they need to be removed.
Law enforcement agencies also just finished a full-scale investigation of children's and sports grounds in the area following the recent death of two children. A boy was killed after being entangled in a makeshift swing in Kirovgrad, and another boy was killed when a football goal fell on him at the Uralmash stadium in Yekaterinburg, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
Per the investigation, close to 180 violations were discovered and a total of 32 court claims were sent out.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants