Man with undeclared gems arrested at Koltsovo Aiport
The man was detained during a search conducted by luggage customs officials in mid-February after he flew to Yekaterinburg from Dubai, E1.ru reports.
The gems and jewelry were found hidden in the inner pockets of the man's suitcase. A total of 106 pieces were packed in plastic bags, with a total value of $20,532.
The jewelry consisted of earrings, pendants, and rings made of white gold and encrusted with large sapphires and diamonds. All of the jewelry and stones were wrapped in undergarments and hidden between the clothes, according to E1.ru.
The press service of the Urals Customs Office said that a variety of checks and receipts for purchase in the United Arab Emirates for the jewelry and precious stones were also found.
The man is expected to face an administrative fine for one-half to two times the value of the goods, according to E1.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants