Yekaterinburg to install floating hatch manholes this summer
The floating hatch can be adjusted in height when replacing or repairing the road surface, MIR66 reports.
The Beautification Committee of the City Administration said that there was a need to use the new technology because repairs to pavement are difficult for the upper part of the manholes, which are underground.
Repairs to the upper part of the manholes have not always been effective and the floating hatches are expected to solve the problem, which prompted experts to use the new technology, according to MIR66.
According to Basil Bukharin, the head of the treasury of the Municipal Institution for Urban Improvement, using the new floating hatch technology will properly replace the upper part of the manholes within Yekaterinburg.
Bukharin expects that 64 floating hatches will be in place by June on the streets between Shevchenko and Yakov Sverdlov, according to MIR66.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants