Office building collapses in Chelyabinsk
As of the latest report, rescuers are still working at the scene of the office building collapse and the information about casualties has yet to be verified, Itar-Tass reports.
According to the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry's main department for the region, the incident occurred in the area of a city taxi cab company.
"At 5:16 MSK a duty officer received an emergency call about the collapse of the third and fourth floors of a brick office building," EMERCOM's press service said, according to Itar-Tass. "The EMERCOM department for the Chelyabinsk region had opened a telephone hotline."
As one building falls, there are 159 new large hotels either planned or already being constructed in Russia, including 25 new hotels in Sochi and 28 in Moscow, according to a Top Hotel Projects report. One of the Hyatt Hotels Corporation's current Russian hotels is the Hyatt Regency Yekaterinburg.
The new lifestyle business hotel in Moscow will have 297 rooms, including 40 suites, and 56 luxury apartments. The hotel is anticipated to open in 2015 next to Dynamo stadium in Moscow.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants