Yekaterinburg halts construction of bike path on main avenue
According to Tamara Blagodatkova, the chairman of the Improvement Committee, the traffic police have not signed off on the creation of the new path because they consider it to be unsafe, E1.ru reports.
Yekaterinburg's Vice-Mayor Eugene Lipovicha initially came up with the idea for the construction of the new bike path.
Blagodatkova said that bike paths are renovated and constructed often, as in the Academic district, but the plan formed to build the main avenue bicycle path has been very problematic, despite the committee's efforts to construct new bike paths whenever possible, according to E1.ru.
Cycle paths are being built on as many streets as possible, considering the amount of new construction that is taking place. Blagodatkova said that the paths are essential for people to be able to get around the city.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants