Sverdlovsk pediatrician committed after attempted exorcism
The 26-year-old pediatrician, who the mother said was always slightly odd, visited the home of the boy, who was suffering from a fever and cough, EN.RIA.ru reports.
During the examination, the doctor asked the child to open his mouth, which was when the doctor started manipulating his throat. The boy started to cry and resist.
The boy's father then suggested that an ambulance be called to the house, though the doctor said that he could handle the situation. It was at that point that the doctor stuck his hand into the boy's mouth, which caused the boy to turn blue, stop breathing and lose consciousness.
According to the boy's mother, the doctor then tried to apply pressure to the boy's mouth again, saying, "He's got demons inside of him, I'll catch them," according to EN.RIA.ru.
The police detained the doctor and he was later sent for psychiatric evaluation. Police administrators believe that the doctor suffered a nervous breakdown.
The boy's mother said that her son eventually regained consciousness and that his throat was swollen due to tonsillitis.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants