Officials announce new Yekaterinburg lighting schedule
The new schedule will be in accordance with the calculated time of the sunset and sunrise, E1.ru reports.
The new system is part of the city's efforts to implement more energy conservation measures, as well as to bring about more efficiency and optimize the use of energy resources in Yekaterinburg.
The spring and summer months will provide the smallest time interval for street lighting, due to a later sunset and an earlier dawn. In autumn and winter, street lightings will be set in accordance with the need for light in the city.
For the autumn/winter period, streetlights will burn for 2,600 hours, which is the most time that lights will be needed, according to E1.ru.
The schedule for lighting at night in Yekaterinburg from January to April and from September to December will be from 1:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m.; in May, July and August, street lighting will be provided until 1:30 a.m.; and in June, lights will be provided until 1:45 a.m.. In adverse weather conditions, lights can be turned on or off for 15 to 20 minutes before the scheduled time, according to E1.ru.
Yekaterinburg officials are also considering large-scale efforts to expand the list of streets in need of overnight lighting in an effort to ensure complete safety of movement of citizens, preservation of health in Yekaterinburg and an increase in the quality of life.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants