Alexander Jacob issues Purim holiday congratulations
Jacob, the head of administration for Yekaterinburg, issued the congratulatory message on Wednesday, March 7, at the start of Purim, E1.ru reports.
In the message, Jacob said that "Purim [is] one of the most joyous Jewish holidays. In this tradition [it's a] colorful carnival for adults and children, [with] gifts and treats to friends and family who need help."
Jacob offered Yekaterinburg Jews wishes of happiness, prosperity, health, warmth and good luck on Purim, according to E1.ru.
Purim is a Jewish holiday that commemorates the deliverance of the Jewish people in the ancient Persian Empire from destruction in the wake of a plot by Haman, a royal advisor to King Ahasuerus, who planned to kill the Jews, but Mordecai and Queen Esther foiled his plans. The day of deliverance became a day of feasting and rejoicing, according to a Wiki source.
Purim will end on the evening of Thursday, March 8.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants