Auto sales in Yekaterinburg up in January
In the data provided by the analytical agency, the number of cars that were sold is 27 percent higher, or 1,113 more automobiles, than in January 2011, En.URBC.ru reports.
Lada Yekaterinburg still remained the market leader in both January 2011 and 2012. At the same time, however, the Russian brand's sales continue to drop on the Yekaterinburg market.
Figures fell by 13 percent in January, which was the worst among the top 10 best-selling brands in the first month of the year, according to En.URBC.ru.
Foreign brands with Russia-based facilities for the production of economy class cars are increasingly becoming the driving force in car sales in the local markets.
Sales of such brands as Volkswagen, Nissan and Kia are rising three to five times faster than the Yekaterinburg market's median car sales. Hyundai, Opel and Ford sales are also ahead of the market's average figures, according to En.URBC.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants