Fifteen pound baby born in Sverdlosvk region
The baby, named Roman, was born to 42-year-old Svetlana Protasova and is her seventh son, MIR96.ru reports.
Protasova gave birth without the aid of cesarean section in 20 minutes. A total of seven doctors took part in the delivery. She and Roman are both doing well and are waiting to be discharged.
"This is an unusual event for our department," a spokesperson from the hospital said, according to MIR96.ru.
Protasova said the event was a joyous occasion for her already large family. The weight and length of the baby, though, were a bit of a surprise. All of Protasova's other children were smaller and weighed less. She says that Roman, in his first few days of life, weighs as much as a normal child in its first eight months.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants