Number of registered drug addicts in Yekaterinburg reaches 3,764
This number is lower than in the Sverdlovsk region and four percent higher than the national average, E1.ru reports.
The information was announced at a meeting of the city of Duma's committees, where the issue of combating the spread of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances and the prevention of drug abuse were discussed.
The participants concluded that the drug situation remains stressful in Yekaterinburg, mainly because the city is a major transit point for drug trafficking. This is due to its developed system of traffic, large number of migrants and high purchasing power of the population, according to E1.ru.
The current situation has also been made worse by the recent presence of synthetic drugs, especially desomorphine. Dependence on these drugs affects young people between the ages of 20 and 30. Since 2009, there has been a problem in the region with the spread of smoking mixtures containing substances, which is growing in popularity among students.
The main method of promotion and distribution of psychotropic and narcotic drugs has become the internet. Drug Control Specialists routinely identify sites that host offers for the sale of drugs, though uncovering the facts about the sales of these drugs is increasingly becoming more difficult.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants