Gas explosion injures four
The explosion happened on the ninth floor of the 10 story building number 11 on Zhukov Street at 12:50. At 13:23, a fire was reported in an apartment, which spread and was later extinguished at 15:10 Moscow time, NEWSRU.com reports.
Fire significantly damaged four apartments, and approximately 95 tenants were removed. Temporary accommodations were made for the residents at the "Prometheus" camp and at school number three, according to the Emergencies Ministry. Four workers were injured in the explosion.
Two of the injured workers were taken to the regional hospital in Belgorod and the other two were sent to the Central District Hospital. The workers were injured when they were installing suspended ceilings, according to NEWSRU.com.
The injured men are listed in serious condition, with their wounds requiring surgical treatment.
It was initially reported that five workers were injured, but that report was later amended.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants