Criminal investigation launched into Nizhny Tagil boy's suicide
A spokesman for the regional administration of the Russian Investigations Committee made the announcement of the criminal investigation on Friday, Feb. 17, ITAR-TASS.com reports.
The boy's body was found hanging with a handbag strap loop around his neck in a clothes locker on Feb. 14. Preliminary data said that the boy's cause of death was asphyxia.
The criminal case was opened when authorities suspected the possibility that there was an incitement for the boy to commit suicide, although investigators have not officially ruled out the notion that it was a fatal accident.
"Investigators examined the room and appointed a forensic study to establish what caused the boy's death," the Russian Investigations Committee said, according to ITAR-TASS.com. "They are also interrogating the boy's relatives, friends and classmates."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants