Bird scores 17 in opening EuroLeague Women win
Bird was the only player on UMMC to score double digits. She scored only 17 points in her previous four EuroLeague Women encounters since joining the team in January, Fiba.com reports.
Bird, who was five of 10 from long range, joined UMMC after spending last season with Sparta&K Moscow Region.
"There were a few moments when we stopped, but every time someone from our players pushed the whole team forward," UMMC's Russia International Olga Arteshina said, accordiong to Fiba.com. "Sue Bird was the one to remedy the whole game."
Bird was one of the 21 finalists to be named to the United States Olympic team, which will go for their third straight gold medal at the Summer Games in London that begin July 27.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants