Yekaterinburg one of the most popular destinations at Sheremetyevo International Airport
The airport handled 1.7 million passengers during the month, which is a 20.1 percent increase from January 2011, CentreforaAviation.com reports.
Domestic passengers totaled 586,000, an increase of 21.5 percent from January 2011, and international travelers topped out at 1.2 million, an increase of 19.5 percent.
The most popular international destinations for the passengers were Paris, Hurghada, Sharm El-Sheikh, Prague, Istanbul, Kiev, Bangkok, Amsterdam and Rome. The largest domestic destinations were St. Petersburg, Krasnodar, Yekaterinburg, Sochi, Rostov-on-Don, Kaliningrad and Vladivostok, according to CentreforaAviation.com.
There was also a nine percent increase from January 2011 in the number of aircrafts to come through the airport. The number of aircrafts totaled 17,442.
Sheremetyevo International Airport is a hub for the passenger operations for the Russian international airline Aeroflot, and one of the three major airports serving Moscow, along with Domodedovo International Airport and Vnukovo.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants