More than 25,000 take part in "Ski Track from Russia 2012"
"The Ski Track of Russia" is organized in the capital of the Urals. This year, the ski starts took place in nine sports venues in the city, chief among them the Army Sports Club, located in a wooded area near the street Shcherbakov, E1.ru reports.
The leaders of the municipality welcomed all participants and launched the first mass sprint ski race. Additionally, the first in a series of VIP-races was held, with racers that included Mikhail Matveev, Vadim Dudarenko, Andrew Koryukov and Sergei Tushin.
After completion of the VIP-race, group after group of skiers took off to the sounds of a military brass band. Skiers included employees of city and district administrations, factory workers, students in the Chkalovsky district, amateur racers and more.
After participants crossed the finished line, they were able to enjoy porridge made by soldiers, as well as hot tea, according to E1.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants