Yekaterinburg planning board approves central stadium
The plans included a spacious pedestrian zone, parking lots at both ground and underground levels, and the stadium itself at the corner of Repin and Pirogov. The development, which will take up nearly 4.5 acres, will also include residential housing, an office building, an entertainment center and shopping area, Oblgazeta.ru reports.
The building concept was designed in accordance with the general Yekaterinburg plan and takes into account the development of the area in the short and medium term. This includes the opening of subway stations and the construction of two skyscrapers to be called the Guardians of the Urals.
The central stadium and the surrounding area will be a major part of the city's pitch to FIFA in an effort to host the 2018 World Cup. Due to the limited parking within the city itself, much attention has been paid to parking in the area around the stadium.
"Given the high degree of motorization of the population of Yekaterinburg and the lack of parking spaces in the city center, the project took into account the requirement of the Town Planning Board for an increase in Yekaterinburg seats in the stadium parking lot and adjacent to him the territory," Timur Ufimtseva, the general director of the project, said, according to Oblgazeta.ru. "The total number of parking spaces throughout the stadium and the adjoining territory within it will be 2,500. Other requirements for the area adjacent to the stadium to date, no. Let me remind you about the experience of European stadiums, football games when the greatest number of fans come by public transport, and this is due to the fact that the surrounding streets on the day of the match can be overridden for the safety of visitors. "
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants