Sverdlovsk man arrested for stealing marijuana
Police arrested the man for stealing the marijuana from a drug dealer on Thursday, Feb. 2. The 21-year-old suspect was spotted on the roof of a garage holding two bags that contained the drugs. RIA Novosti reports.
The suspect admitted to stealing the marijuana and did so as an act of revenge against the drug dealer, who he alleged had refused to sell to him at an earlier time.
The drug dealer the suspect stole from was later arrested as well, and more marijuana was seized at his home, according to RIA Novosti.
If both men are convicted, they could face up to 10 years in prison for the possession of drugs.
Possession of up to six grams of marijuana in Russia is punishable by fine, and possession of more than that amount is punishable by a prison term.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants