Students, veterans to represent Sverdlovsk region in cross-country skiing
Teams from educational institutions in the region will compete for a spot on the he All-Russian stage of the Presidential sports game, according to E1.ru.
This year, children from the Sverdlovsk region will also participate in the finals. In April, the best teams from the Middle Urals will be determined at the municipal level, followed by a gathering of regional winners of the intermediate stages.
Students will not be the only ones representing the region, as veterans of the sport will be able to take part, too. Because the World Cup ski races in the masters division will be held from Feb. 27 to March 12 in the German Obervizientale, there will be no Urals races, E1.ru reports.
One of the competitors will be 65-year-old pensioner Rima Suchkov, a multiple prizewinner of the World Cup championships.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants