Public Chamber of Yekaterinburg holds first meeting
Alexander Tatarkin, the director of the Institute of Economics from the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, was re-elected as the chairman. His elected deputies were Viktor Perevalov and Elvira Goncharenko, Oblgazeta.ru reports.
Perevalov is the president of the Ural State Legal Academy and Goncharenko is a representative of the Lutheran community.
During the meeting, the chamber approved a list of standing committees of the organization. One committee was for the development of local self-government relations with the state, municipal authorities and organizations. Another was for the institutions of social well-being of the city's inhabitants and on urban development, youth and the reform of housing. A third committee deals with the patriotic education of citizens, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
One-third of the chamber forms the Yekaterinburg City Council, one-third is the chairman of the Yekaterinburg City Duma and the remaining third appoints two-thirds of the members of the House of Representatives. Members of the House are elected every three years.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants