Yekaterinburg vies for World Expo 2020
In preparation for the presentation at Davos, a large pavilion of "Expo-2020 Yekaterinburg," measuring 400 square meters, was built, which will become a zone of business communication, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
There will be a press conference by the Russian delegation and a round table discussion that will be accompanied by special interviews for the European media in the pavilion.
Additionally, the first issue of "Expo-2020 Yekaterinburg", which tells about the features of the city, will be released around Davos.
Residents have been involved in determining the theme for Expo 2020, which could help bring significant economic and social development. The theme that has been picked is "The Global Mind: Humanity in a Common Dialogue," which will provide for the involvement of the whole world in an open dialogue on the overall future development of Russia, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
The other cities competing for "Expo 2020" are Izmir, Turkey, Ayutthaya, Thailand, Sao Paulo, Brazil and Dubai UAE.
"Expo 2020" will be held from May 1 through Oct. 31, 2020, and city officials expect 20 million visitors from around the world, and up to 100,000 to 200,000 people a day.
The World Economic Forum is an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants