Ryzhkov decries "smear campaign" video
Ryzhkov said that the footage was an "attempt to cause a row," RIA Novosti reports. The clip appears to show Ryzhkov, a long-time Kremlin opponent, discussing the next demonstration planned for Feb. 4 with Gennady Gudkov, a deputy with the "A Just Russia" party
Ryzhkov has been one of the leading figures in street protests against Russia's disputed parliamentary elections.
The video also showed the two politicians discussing plans to distance themselves from Alexei Navalny, an anti-corruption activist and leading figure in Russia's opposition movement, according to RIA Novosti.
Navalny was a key speaker at the last major rally on Dec. 24 and has been the target of attacks by pro-Kremlin youth groups.
Alleged vote fraud at last month's parliamentary elections spurred the biggest anti-government protests seen in Moscow in decades.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants