Krasnoufimsk woman accused of series of murders
Investigators in the Sverdlovsk region, according to the press service of the regional department of the Investigative committee, have been conducting a probe into the woman they believe committed 17 counts of murder and robberies, along with one robbery and attempted destruction of property by arson, according to Itar-Tass.
The investigation saw more than 3,000 witnesses and 21 victims questioned. Investigators said the woman targeted elderly women between the ages of 61 and 89 in Krasnoufimsk, Serov, Yekaterinburg and the village of Achit from 2002 through 2010.
Each victim lived alone. The woman would ring the bell at their apartment, and once let in would hit the victim in the face. She then stole money and, in some cases, would attempt to set fire to the apartment to try and destroy evidence of the crime.
None of the fires caused damage, though, due to vigilant neighbors who were able to extinguish them, Itar-Tass reports.
The case is currently pending indictment from the prosecutor's office.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants