Cyprus and Urkaine consulates to open in Yekaterinburg
In addition, Sergei Constantinople will begin his duties as an honorary consul of the Republic of Nicaragua in Yekaterinburg in several weeks. Yekaterinburg now has 21 official representatives of foreign countries, Oblgazeta.ru reports.
The 21 representatives include 11 consulates general, one sales office of the Belarusian Embassy to Russia and nine offices of honorary consuls. According to a representative, the emergence of new consulates is the result of the rising popularity of Yekaterinburg by foreign citizens.
Countries with consulates in the city include the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Czech Republic, Kyrgyzstan, Bulgaria, China, Hungary, Austria, Armenia, Italy, Vietnam, France and Spain. The BRIC, a group consisting of Brazil, Russia, India and China, held its first official summit in June 2009 in Yekaterinburg, according to the BBC.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants