Races set to start on Saturday in Yekaterinburg
The event will feature 49 crews from all over Russia racing around the ice track, according to Mir66. The opening ceremony will start at 17:45. The track distance for the first day of competition will be close to 10 kilometers.
The second day of the race starts on Sunday, Jan. 22 at 10:55 a.m. in Asbestos and finishes in Yekaterinburg on the waterfront in front of the CCP "Space" at 18:27.
According to the press service of the city administration, Andrew Trukhin, the 2008 Russian Cup bronze medalist, is a favorite to win, along with last year's winner, Muscovite Gennady Broslavsky, Ural pilots Vladimir Kilunin and Gregory Tregubov, and Vadim Makarov, the European Champion in 2009 in autocross, Mir66 reports.
Rally organizers are reporting that most of the drivers will be racing in cars with up to 300 horsepower.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants