Pondexter leaves UMMC Ekaterinburg
Pondexter, who was only signed with UMMC Ekaterinburg through December 20, previously played with Fenerbahce during the 2006-07 and 2007-08 seasons when she was a EuroLeague Women All-Star.
Reports say that Pondexter will only play for Fenerbahce in its Turkish league games and not in the EuroLeague Women.
Pondexter also plays for the WNBA's New York Liberty, where she has been lauded for her scrappy play, quick crossovers and deadly midrange jumpsuit. She was voted by WNBA fans as one of the top 15 players in WNBA history in 2011.
Prior to turning pro, Pondexter played collegiately at Rutgers University, where she was the Big East Rookie of the Year in 2003 and lead her team to back-to-back Big East Championships in 2005 and 2006.
Pondexter was the second overall selection in the 2006 WNBA Draft by the Phoenix Mercury and was named to the western conference WNBA all star team in her rookie year before winning the WNBA championship in 2007. She was named the WNBA Finals MVP that year after averaging 22 points per game during the five game series. She won her second title in 2009 before being traded to the New York Liberty in 2010.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants