UrFU hosts awards ceremony for high-scoring Sverdlovsk students
The awards were handed out by Governor Eugene Kuyvashev and were given to the best graduates of schools in the Yekaterinburg Palace of Youth.
A record number of gold medalists were awarded for their outstanding achievements in teaching, with 1,100 graduates--170 more than last year.
Most gold medal graduates came from the excellent schools in Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Tagil, Upper Pishma, Kamensk-Kushva, Novoural'sk, the Forest and Serov, though gold medalists also hailed from remote corners of the region.
Kuyvashev said he was confident that the acquisition of knowledge achieved by the medalists will serve to benefit the Sverdlovsk region.
"I hope that it will be our region of the territory where the best students of the area will find a use for their talents and abilities," Kuyvashev said. "You have earned the respect, recognition and praise. In a global sense for you today does not end or begin. Just your life in all its fullness is becoming increasingly complex, rich and interesting."
Viktor Koksharov, the chairman of the Ural Federal University Council of Rectors, congratulated graduates and wished them success in their search for admission to higher education.
Koksharov praised the region for being the intellectual capital of the country, adding that it would be an honor for any Urals university to accept such students into their programs. He also said Ural Federal University and other schools offer financial gifts for students who received high scores on their exams.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants