Regional Governor Of Sverdlovsk Hospitalized Due to Fatal Crash
The driver of one of the cars that collided with Governor Misharin's vehicle died in the accident. Misharin and his driver survived the December 1 accident but were taken to hospital in critical condition.
Misharin's press secretary, Ilya Ananyev, told RFE/RL that his boss sustained numerous fractures and head and facial injuries. He said Misharin may have to remain in the hospital for three months.
Misharin, 41, took office in 2009 after the resignation of longtime Sverdlovsk Governor Eduard Rossel. The total population of the Sverdlovsk Oblast is 4.3 million. Yekaterinburgh is the capital of the region. Sverdlovsk Oblast Prime Minister Anatoly Gredin will stand in for Misharin until he recovers.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants