Boxing Champ Smiakov, 27, Dead of Brain Injuries
Simakov collapsed a minute into the seventh round after enduring a torrent of clubbing rights and lefts from compatriot Sergei Kovalev, falling immediately into a coma from which he never emerged, said Igor Maruzov, the general secretary of the Russian Boxing Federation.
Simakov, with a career record of 19 victories, one defeat and one tie, was defending his WBC Asian Boxing Council belt against the American-based Kovalev (16, 0, 1).
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants