Coloring book commemorates Great Patriotic War's 70th anniversary
The coloring book contains illustrations of 11 Russian and Ural military monuments. These monuments include Grey Ural, Motherland, Black Tulip, Soldiers, Urals, Volunteer, Tank Corps and Shirokorechenskiy. Each of the illustrations has a brief but detailed explanation about the significance of the monuments.
The coloring book also contains a photo story about the region’s new monument dedicated to military doctors, making the books educational.
"It will not be for sale ... [it is] designed to teach children about the military memory,” Alex Bannikov, the head of social projects of the Sverdlovsk branch of the Russian Children’s Fund, said. “Coloring become a kind of instruction to the younger generation, to motivate students to remember and keep the feat of their grandfathers.”
The coloring books will be sent to kindergartens and schools throughout the region. The funds raised from the books will be donated to the construction expenses for the military medics monument.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants