Yekaterinburg Plant 9 adds wire electrical discharge machine as part of retooling
As part of the changes, Plant 9 began using a novel wire electrical discharge machine (WEDM).
The WEDM is a high-precision tool that is best used with bulky parts. It can fulfill a variety of roles at the plant, making it possible to save resources by using this one machine to replace several older machines.
Representatives from the plant said that once the new equipment is fully functional, they will cease using the older machines.
It took six months to do all the assembly and start-up and commissioning jobs before the machine could be launched, Plant 9 officials said. A trial part was processed. Special attention was paid to training the workers who will be using the WEDM machine. The training and maintenance instructions were provided by an after-sales engineer from the equipment manufacturer’s official dealer.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants