Sverlovsk Region tourism unites into one association
The Jeweled Ring of the Urals association connects tour operators, investors, artisans, transporters and municipality representatives with others involved in tourism. The association features a long, circular route that passed through 12 municipalities.
The goal of the association is to create a supportive network for tourism. This is accomplished by created a standard of high-quality services and infrastructure, which will unite the industry. These improvements will also attract more tourism to the region, boosting the local economy.
"The activities of the association will significantly increase the revenue base for those objects that are already operating in the territories belonging to the route and for those objects that are planned to create,” Alexei Orlov, the Minister of Investment and Development and the first vice-premier of the regional government, said. “And our joint work in the framework of the association will have a significant impact on the development of the tourism industry in the region. We expect that by 2018, the project will create about 1,000 new jobs, increase revenue from tourists and hotel services by ($21.1 million) a year, and triple the number of tourists in the territories to 700,000 people. By 2019, the Gemstone Ring of the Urals will account for about 30 to 35 percent of all tourism and hospitality industry in the region.”
Organizations in this Story
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants