Koltsovo Airport opens helipad
Koltsovo Airport completes over 130 helicopter landings each month. Before the helipad opened, Koltsovo staff had to make a smaller runway on the taxiway where helicopters could take off and land, making helicopter operations expensive.
Airplanes require a lot of space to take off and land because of their trajectory; in contrast, helicopters have a vertical trajectory that takes little space on the airport grounds. Thanks to the size and maneuverability of the helicopters, they do not interfere with other airport traffic.
This is just one of Koltsovo Airport's changes in preparation for the 2018 World Cup.
Organizations in this Story
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants