URFU lists keys for transformation to research university
The key changes apply to the educational technologies that will be needed to make a smooth transition and help both students and teachers improve their schoolwork organization.
The university plans to enhance the quality of its educational services and further develop its infrastructure and scientific fields. URFU leaders will cooperate with industries related to URFU’s fields of education. They also plan to increase the school’s investment in its research and development departments.
Koksharov said there will be an upcoming admission campaign to recruit students for the new URFU, including attracting students and scholars from outside of Russia.
As of today, URFU has over 1,200 students who are studying in 60 different countries. URFU has been instrumental in establishing over 15 research groups and laboratories that are now under the regional control of researchers from foreign nations. Founded in Yekarerinburg in 1920, URFU is the oldest university in the Ural region. It has 5,640 academic staff members and 57,000 students.
Organizations in this Story
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants