Gov. Kuyvashev honors Great Patriotic War veterans
Konstantin Kaigorodov, Nina Fosdick Ovchinnikov and Galina Dubskaya received jubilee medals for the 70th anniversary of the Victory of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45.
Kaygorodov fought as part of Operation Bagration on the Western Front. Ovchinnikov volunteered for 20 years on the left front, serving as a nurse in Germany, Poland and Belarus. Dubskaya was 9 when she began to work in a stable yard in 1941, harrowing the ground, helping with the harvest and gathering hay.
Gov. Kuyvashev sincerely thanked the veterans for their services and wished them long lives and good health in return for their contribution to Russia’s victory.
He also thanked another important veteran -- Irbitsky dairy. Now one of the most important agricultural businesses in the Sverdlovsk Region, the dairy had an important part during the Great Patriotic War. According to public order, the dairy farm sent its products to schools, kindergartens, hospitals and others throughout the Ural Region. Today, it is 90 years old and vital to the economic health of the region.
“More than one generation of Sverdlovsk and residents of neighboring regions grew up on Irbitsky dairy products," Gov. Kuyvashev said. "I am glad that the company is actively developing, increasing production, buying the most advanced equipment and developing new products.”
Organizations in this Story
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants