USUE hosts Urals Internet Week
Representatives from the information technology and business communities travel from Yekaterinburg, Perm, Chelyabinsk, Tyumen and other regions to attend the event, which included a ribbon-cutting, a fashion show of clothes created from gadgets, and meetings about improving the Internet industry.
“I am glad that we have just held such an event as the Ural Internet Week,” USUE rector Mikhail Fedorov said. “The world is driven by the Internet. We are building a new society thanks to those who form online resources. Taking this opportunity, I would like to wish for greater efforts in advancing USUE into the modern world through new technologies.”
Google Russia's representative said Ural is a large and growing segment of Russian Internet use.
“The contribution of the Internet in the economy is only growing, and the Internet itself is changing dynamically," Ilya Sidorov said. "On the one hand, this is a very simple environment. On the other hand, it is very complicated. Such conferences like these are very necessary to help people navigate the rapidly changing environment and open up new business opportunities.”
Organizations in this Story
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants