URFU to become a research university
The university’s educational research activities will become more of a priority in coming years than its current business studies. The change includes developing open education, introducing different learning paths for students, beginning modularity educational programs and involving top students in assisting teachers with their research.
This has become a popular change among other Russian universities that are also becoming more research-based. URFU Rector Viktor Koksharov announced at the press conference that approximately 90 percent of the academic staff will soon begin their scientific research.
"Transformation of the university has successfully initiated contact on the first phase of the program to improve competitiveness,” Koksharov said. “A 2.3-fold increase in the aggregate amount of research and development work has been carried out by the university, increased the number of publications in scientific basis SCOPUS, and created growth in the number of foreign students."
Founded in 1920, Ural Federal University, located in Yekarerinburg, is the oldest university in the Ural region. It has 5,640 academic staff members and 57,000 students.
Organizations in this Story
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants