Loco TG16M launches in Sakhalin
The new mainline locomotive is made by Lyudinovsky Locomotive Plant, a branch of Sinara Transport Machines. On Jan. 17, the locomotive reached more than 3,000 miles, as reported by Valeriy Tolstov of Sinara Transport Machines. Inspectors have already approved the locomotive’s certification tests.
Sinara Transport Machines reports the pilot run is designed to reach more than 12,000 miles with cargo transportation. Engineers have verified that the locomotive’s traction figures meet required parameters.
“Our interdepartmental acceptance committee is expected to meet for the second time, as soon as April, to get the compliance certificate for the loco in May, and to hand the TG16M over to Sakhalin Railways in late June,” Tolstov said.
Both Russian and foreign representatives attended the launch ceremony despite snow.
Organizations in this Story
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants