Sverdlovsk customs officials destroy millions of flowers
The Rosselkhoznadzor press service said the flowers potentially could harm indigenous flowers in the Sverdlovsk region. A recent Oblastnaya Gazeta report said the flowers were completely destroyed to prevent any contamination in the region. Destroying the plants eliminates the need to quarantine the plants.
Since the beginning of 2015, customs officials for the Sverdlovsk region have killed approximately 10 million cut flowers, or approximately 760 tons. These officials also have destroyed approximately 120,000 different potted plants in their efforts to protect the Sverdlovsk region's plants.
Most of the flowers that were destroyed were chrysanthemums and roses, among other species of plants.
Organizations in this Story
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants